Sunday, March 26, 2006 @8:49 PM
Yesterday night, we (my unni and I) rented "Just Like Heaven" and "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days". Okay, actually I sorta forced her to rent those, even thought I've watched both before. I was feeling melancholy and just a bit bitter, so I decided to watch movies that would cheer me up. And its funny how such movies, instead of making me even more bitter, never fail to cheer me up and imbue me with the hope that one day, one day I shall have my own sweet romantic ending.
Anyway, the movies were good. And I found this lovely song from Just Like Heaven. It's bittersweet, which is how I've been feeling of late.
Show me how you do that trick
The one that makes me scream she said
The one that makes me laugh she said
And threw her arms around my neck
Show me how you do it
And I promise you I promise that
I'll run away with you
I'll run away with you
Spinning on that dizzy edge
I kissed her face and kissed her head
And dreamed of all the different ways I had
To make her glow
Why are you so far away? she said
Why won't you ever know that I’m in love with you
That I'm in love with you
You
Soft and only
You
Lost and lonely
You
Strange as angels
Dancing in the deepest oceans
Twisting in the water
You're just like a dream
Daylight licked me into shape
I must have been asleep for days
And moving lips to breathe her name
I opened up my eyes
And found myself alone alone
Alone above a raging sea
That stole the only girl I loved
And drowned her deep inside of me
You
Soft and only
You
Lost and lonely
You
Just like heavenIt's called Just Like Heaven too, and it's a cover done by Katie Melua of the original version by The Cure. I think I might have a penchant for tragedy. Sometimes, I think I secretly relish it. Rather frightening.
Another worthy mention is "Ever After" by winter's_serenade. It's this fanfiction I came across on ficaholics.com. It's awesome. It's tragedy without death. The most subtle of tragedies. And the situation the female protaganist finds herself in, her emotions... everything about the fiction is so personal, so intimate, so realistic. One would most definitely be able to relate to it.
Just for a Choi Sungwoo in my life...
Sometimes I really wonder why I like such things so much. Romantic comedies, romance dramas, fanfictions of the romance genre, love poems, sitting by the window and breathing in the night air and thinking of a million things to do with love... My sister says I live too much in my own world, my own mind, and I am inclined to believe her. I wonder about the day when I truly discover that all of my romantic notions were a farce and meant absolutely nothing.
Alright. Going off now... night.