Saturday, August 19, 2006 @10:36 AM
When our time is up
When our lives are done
Will we say we've had our fun?
Will we make a mark this time?
Will we always say we tried?
Standing on the rooftops
Everybody scream your heart out.
Standing on the rooftops
Everybody scream your heart out.
Standing on the rooftops
Everybody scream your heart out.
This is all we got now
Everybody scream your heart out.
All the love I've met
I have no regrets
If it all ends now, I'm set
Will we make a mark this time?
Will we always say we tried?
Standing on the rooftops
Everybody scream your heart out.
Standing on the rooftops
Everybody scream your heart out.
Standing on the rooftops
Everybody scream your heart out.
This is all we got now
Everybody scream your heart out.I need a rooftop, to scream my heart out. Does anyone want to come with me to find a rooftop?
Was re-reading the extract on Volcano Lover yesterday night, and I found this part particularly thought-provoking.
"
Why enter? There are many places like this one. A field, a square, a hooded street, an armory, a parking lot, a pier. This could be anywhere, though it happens to be here. It will be full of everywhere. But I would be entering it here."
Here. You know how something, or some place could be awfully similar to anywhere else, and at first glance, nothing seems to be different, nothing seems to be striking. But because you've already known what that something, or some place feels like, it's wholly different for you. Not to anyone else, but to you. It's a private experience for you, it's special to you. I don't know where I'm heading with this, but that excerpt just struck me at the point I was reading it.
You know how they say time heals all wounds, and that since you were happy before knowing what something felt like, and therefore, you can be happy too if that something ever leaves you? And that as long as you choose to really forget, and move on, then you can? But I've always remembered this from King of the Castle, a sentence that for some reason has buried itself deep in my mind. -"You can never go back to the time of not knowing."
You can never go back to the time of not knowing what something felt like, because it's already happened to you, because it's already entered your skin and fused with your soul. It's already a part of your memory, and maybe your heart already recognizes it. And unless you get amnesia, maybe you'll never be able to put it behind you.
Wear your heart on your sleeve,
It'll almost certainly bleed.